Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mexican Brownies

Everybody loves brownies. It's just a fact of life. Of course, everyone has their preferences (fudgy vs. cakey; frosted vs. non-frosted; nuts vs. no nuts; brownies vs. blondies) but everybody still loves brownies. I personally am more of a fudgy, non-frosted, no nuts, brownie kind of girl, but I can appreciate virtually any type of brownie. This recipes looks like a rather run of the mill brownie recipe, except for the addition of the spices. I can't wait to give these a try. They sound fantastic.

A few notes about the recipe though. There is no oven temp given, and the cook time is only 5-6 minutes, so that leads me to believe that this is a microwave recipe. I have no problems with microwaves (most of the time) so I'm fine with that. Plus it's fast and easy, which makes it a great way to follow yesterday's complicated post.

Mexican Brownies

1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar

Melt butter in mixing bowl. Add eggs and sugar, and beat well. Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir well. Melt chocolate and add to batter. Add nuts and vanilla, and mix well. Spread into a 1 1/2 quart dish (8x8 pan) and cook 5-6 minutes. Cut while warm and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

  1. Please make these in the microwave and tell me if it really is a microwave recipe. It would be nice to have brownies I can make without an oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. The little bot protector thing chose "cultso" to make sure I was wasn't going to spam you. I now have my new Evil (but aren't they all?) Clown Name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indeed microwave brownies. I would lean towards six minutes rather than five though. And longer if your microwave is weak. I used almonds (because it's what I had) and I sprinkled the top with sugar in the raw (because I didn't have powdered sugar). They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete