Friday, July 23, 2010

Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi

I have always wanted to make my own gnocchi, but it seemed just too difficult and frustrating. According to this recipe, it shouldn't be. I have nothing special to write, as I am off to make this for breakfast. Ok, not really, but I wish I was.

Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
Serves 4-6

2 cups cooked, squeezed, and minced spinach
1 1/2 cups ricotta
2 small eggs, beaten
1/4 cup grated parmesan
4 tsp flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
nutmeg to taste
pepper to taste
1 cup bechamel sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan
butter

Combine spinach, ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup parmesan, flour, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Shape into 32 walnut-sized balls and poach in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until they float. Transfer to a buttered baking dish and nap (apparently this mean just to coat each piece with some of the sauce) with bechamel. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan and dot with softened butter. Run under the broiler until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment