Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fusilli with Creamy Spinach Sauce

I am a big fan of spinach. I use it all the time, even though Kyle says he doesn't like it very much (he almost always eats it, and often says he ended up liking it, but that's a whole different story). I never really had spinach as a child, because my mom probably doesn't like it. Or maybe my dad. I never really know. I suppose that's why the last post had spinach in it, as does this one. For some reason I just love spinach and love finding new ways to use it. That being said, for the first time on this blog I am posting something that doesn't necessarily appeal to my personal palate. It's not that it sounds bad at all, as it actually sounds great. It's just that it has mushrooms. I'm just not a big fan of mushrooms. If I were making it for my family I would probably make it without the mushrooms and just not tell Kyle they were supposed to be there. Or, actually, I'd probably just make it as is and put all of my mushrooms on Kyle's plate. Lucky for me he always eats my mushrooms, pickles, and tomatoes. Just like a good husband should.

Sorry that this post was rather Caitlin-oriented and not about Michelle at all, but for some reason I'm having a tough time thinking about her today. You'll all just have to forgive me.

Fusilli with Creamy Spinach Sauce

1/2 package (16 oz) fusilli
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 lb boiled ham, julienned
1/2 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic
1 cup cream
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup parmesan

Cook fusilli and drain. Saute mushrooms in butter until golden brown. Add spinach, ham, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese) and salt and pepper and cook until thickened. Add pasta and cheese. Toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment