Friday, July 16, 2010

Crema al Limona con la Fragola

Since this recipe is in Italian, I still have no idea if I really know what it's supposed to be. Based solely on the ingredients and instructions I think it sounds delicious though. It also fits perfectly with our theme this week (well, this half of a week anyhow) of lemons and berries. Which brings me to another point. From this point on we will be doing a theme every week or so. We have yet to choose any more themes to use after this, but I'm sure we'll get to that at some point. If anyone who reads this has any suggestions for themes we should use please send them along. Now on to the recipe for what I assume is something along the lines of Strawberries with Lemon Cream. If I'm way off base here please let me know.

Crema al Limona con la Fragola

2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tb lemon juice
2 Tb brandy
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 quart strawberries
1 bottle modest Italian white wine (Frascati Fontana Candida is suggested)
powdered sugar
lemon peel, cut into thin strips; or camellia leaves

Place cream in small bowl and beat until slightly thickened. Continue beating while gradually adding lemon juice, sugar, brandy, and lemon peel. Refrigerate for several hours.

Do not wash or stem berries. Marinate in wine for 30 minutes. Drain. Half or slice berries (it doesn't say so in the recipe, but I'm assuming you remove the stems here). Toss with 2-3 Tb powdered sugar. Pile berries in glass bowl or individual dishes. Top with lemon cream. Garnish with lemon peel or washed leaves. Serve (I love that the actual recipe cards says to serve it. As if you would do something else with it. Leave it to Michelle to make sure we didn't miss a single thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment